Help Support Back to School! Store
In order to serve 1200 deserving elementary school children at the 2016 event and over 5000 children a year through our Kids Community Closets, NCJW needs to raise $150,000…$180 per child.
Cash donations, merchandise and in-kind donations are all needed.
- Gold Star Sponsor($7,500 and up)
- Silver Star Sponsor ($4,000 – $7,499)
- Bronze Star Sponsor ($2,500 – $3,999)
- Closet Sponsor ($1,800-$2,499)
- Blue Ribbon Sponsor ($541-$1,799)
- Sponsor Three Children ($540)
- Sponsor Two Children ($360)
- Sponsor a Child ($180)
Benefits based on sponsorship levels…
All of the items given to the children are brand new. Though we need 1000 to 1200 of each item for the Back to School! Store, donations in any quantity are accepted.
- Pants – size 5T through adult sizes needed for boys & girls
- Shirts – size 5T through adult sizes needed for boys & girls
- Athletic shoes – size 10 (little kids) through adults sizes needed for boys & girls
- Socks – multi-packs of socks (6 per pack) in youth and adult sizes for boys & girls
- Underwear – 6packs of boys/men’s briefs or boxers, and girls/women’s briefs or bikini style underwear
- Coats – winter coats size 5 through adult needed for boys & girls
- Hats – children’s and adult knit winter hats for boys & girls
- Gloves – winter gloves for in small, youth and adult sizes for boys & girls
- Backpacks – full size children or adult backpacks
- Books – appropriate for K-5th grade readers
- Erasers – large pink erasers
- Crayons – 24 count
- Colored Pencils – 10-12 pack
- Markers – 10-12 pack
- Scissors – safety style and child size scissors
- Glue sticks
- 2 Pocket Folders
- Spiral notebooks
- Loose leaf paper
- Personal care items – including shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, brushes, combs
In addition to the above items, the Kids Community Closets need additional new items:
- Navy and khaki uniform pants – size 5T through adult sizes needed for boys & girls
- Navy and khaki uniform shorts – size 5T through adult sizes needed for boys & girls
- Short sleeve and long sleeve uniform shirts – size 5T through adult sizes needed for boys & girls
Do you have something else you can donate which is not on the list?
If you have something that you think our kids would enjoy, give us a call to discuss your donation.
Services & Event Planning Needs:
- Food during the Store – Volunteers who work 2 shifts at the store are fed lunch, plus we provide refreshments and snacks for all. That’s over 500 volunteers on the day! We also need lunch trays, box lunches or pizza to feed 10-15 volunteers each day the week before and after the event, and we have a dinner for about 50 volunteers who show up the night before the event to help put the final touches on setting up the store. Donations of grocery gift cards, soda, bottled water, and coffee are needed too.
- Delivery driver and truck – All of the goods we give out to the kids are stored in our building. On the Monday before the store, we need a truck and driver that can transport the goods to the store location. The week after the store, we will need to take items back to our building and return borrowed clothing racks.
- Clothing fixtures – We need additional clothing racks to display all of the clothing. If you have racks that can be used in the main store or for excess stock in the back rooms, we would love to talk to you.
- Hotel style shuttle bus and driver – One of the challenges of our site location is limited parking. We do have access to parking about 1/3 mile away, and would like a driver that can shuttle volunteers.
- Pipe and drape – We use pipe and drape to create dressing rooms and an area for our extra coat stock.
- Signage – We need signs and banners throughout the store to thank sponsors and direct traffic.
- Photography – Professional photos of the event help us capture the day and provide publicity for the event in future years.
- Advertising – We advertise the event on the radio and in print media before and after the event to help us meet our fundraising goals, donations and obtain volunteers.
*The National Council of Jewish Women – St. Louis Section does not provide goods or services as whole or partial consideration for your contribution. NCJW-St. Louis Section is recognized as a 501 (C) 3 organization by the Internal Revenue Service.