Planning for the Back to School! Store event is a year-round project.
Whether you are interested in joining the steering committee, holding a fund-raising event, assisting during set up week, break down week or on the big event day, we can use your help!
Volunteer to Help at the Store:
We need over 500 volunteers on Sunday, July 20, 2014. Morning, midday and late afternoon shifts are available.
- Personal shoppers – Work 1 on 1 with a few children to help them select their items in the store. This is the best 3 hour volunteer experience you will ever have! Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. We need about 300 personal shoppers throughout the day. Male volunteers are also especially needed to help the boys.
- Behind the scenes - We need people to help on the event day in a variety of functions – traffic control throughout the store, dressing room attendants, shoe fitters and more. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Teenagers can help too – On the day of the store, teens (ages 16 & 17) can help keep the store well stocked and organized. We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
Setup and Breakdown Weeks:
- Setup week – The week before the store we need volunteers Monday – Thursday to help us with setting up the store. We will be un-boxing items, cutting price tags off clothing, arranging the clothing by size. Morning and afternoon shifts are available. An additional evening shift is also available. Food is provided for all volunteers who work an entire day.
- Breakdown – The week after the event we need volunteers on Tuesday – Thursday to help us box up the extra items. Morning and afternoon shifts are available. Lunch is provided for all volunteers who work an entire day.
- Teenagers can help too – For setup and breakdown weeks, we can use teenagers (ages 14-17). We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
All volunteer activities will be located at Central Reform Congregation in the Central West End off Kingshighway just north of Forest Park. Click the signup button below to register.
Spread the Word:
Invite your friends and family to volunteer with you! It’s a great opportunity for parents and teens to give back to the community together. Don’t forget your Facebook friends too!